Finite Element Method based Fatigue Analysis
FEMFAT performs fatigue analyses in combination with widely used finite element programs. Interfaces to multibody, optimization and measurement systems ensure full and convenient integration into the customers’ CAE processes. FEMFAT software provides engineers with reliable information on the fatigue life of structures to improve critical locations and/or reduce the total weight at an early stage of the design process, long before time-consuming and expensive tests are scheduled. This results in high quality prototypes and less testing effort.
FEMFAT is a software product of Magna Powertrain. DESIGNTEC is a partner of Magna Powertrain and promotes FEMFAT in Czechia and Slovakia.
Standard/Minimum configuration; includes all the interfaces and material database, handles 2 stress states plus one assembly loadcase for life- or safety factor analysis
Module to consider the effect of mean stress rearrangement from linear stresses when local plastic deformation occurs.
A software module for assessing damage from measured strains and comparing stresses from FEA and testing.
A software module for assessing static safety factors in combination with BASIC or MAX.
For low cycle fatigue analysis of components which are exposed to thermo mechanical loads (e.g. cylinder heads, exhaust manifolds) and suffer from mechanical, creep and oxidation damage.
Module for fatigue analysis of MultiAXially loaded components using time histories of loads or series of stress states.
Random response fatigue analysis using PSD (Power Spectral Densities) loads.
Module for fatigue analysis of welding seams for steel and aluminum using notch stress method and standards (DIN 15018, EUROCODE 3 and 9, BS 7608, IIW).
Module for predicting fatigue of spot-joints (welds, rivets) in FE-shell structures.
A software module for fatigue life prediction on layered infinite fiber reinforced materials.
Fast 3D postprocessor to display FE-models, fatigue results and stresses including a feature to generate animations and to display 3D models in PowerPoint. Unmatched for weldseam definition.
Abaqus • ADAMS • ADVC • ANSYS • COSMOS • CREO • DIADEM • DIGIMAT • HYPERMESH • I-DEAS • LS-DYNA • MARC • MEDINA • MoldFlow • MotionSolve • NASTRAN • nCode • Optistruct • PATRAN • PERMAS • Pro/MECHANICA • Radioss • RPC • SIMPACK • TECMAT • TOSCA
Efficiency and high quality are an absolute must for all our customers, from ALSTOM to YAMAHA. And this is exactly what FEMFAT stands for as a leading fatigue analysis code. Not only the automotive industry benefits from highlights like:
- Fatigue life, damage and safety factors for all types of load
- Comprehensive FEM-interfaces/material database
- Open SPOT and WELD database
- FEMFAT Datacrypt for the encryption of ASCII fles(e.g. confdential material data set) into binary format
- Direct and fast visualization
- Assess linear or nonlinear FEM stresses from static or dynamic analysis
- More than 500 material datasets and material generator
- Interfaces for importing load histories from multi body simulations and measurements
- Full choice of inﬂuence parameters on fatigue analysis
- Renewables Certification by GL Industrial Services GmbH
- Faster results by parallelized analyses
- Flexible licensing: purchase, lease or internet license (pay per use)