Customize and extend the features of Mechanical APDL Solver
Development of ANSYS Routines in Fortran or C++
The standard features of ANSYS Mechanical APDL solver (MAPDL solver) can be extended and customized using ANSYS User Programmable Features (UPFs), allowing us to write routines or subroutines in C, C++, or Fortran and use them for your user-specific simulation tasks.
UPFs allow us to customize the ANSYS Mechanical APDL solver to your needs, which may be a user-defined material law option, your own element type, or custom failure criterion for layered elements (composites).
Using ANSYS UPFs we have developed user-defined material model for Steel Fibre Reinforced Concrete (SFRC).
Predefined subroutines for customization of MAPDL solver can be used for definition of:
- of your own element types (user-defined element type
- material models with user-defined plasticity, damage or softening material laws (subroutine
- your own thermal material models (subroutine
- material models with user- defined hyperelasticity laws (subroutines
- custom creep material behavior (subroutine
- your own cohesive zone material (subroutine
- custom routines for user-defined contact interfacial behaviors (subroutine
usercnpropfor your own contact properties, subroutine userfric for writing your own friction laws, subroutine userinter for your own contact interactions, subroutine userwear for your own wear law)
- user-defined real constants and thicknesses
- your own failure criteria (subroutine